Layperson's Unofficial Terms of Service
We've built Headway with the patient in mind (we're patients as well as Headway users), so we provide a short layperson's se guide to our terms of service. If you want to read the real, actually-legally-binding-thing that people tend to gloss over, that's below, too.
- By submitting your information to us, you understand we're going to submit it and share it with relevant insurance companies and the clearinghouses and software companies that sit between our computers and their computer.
- We try to match you with the right provider, but every treatment relationship is different. We can't guarantee that you'll get any particular outcome from using our service, but we will do our best to help you on our journey.
- We can help you estimate and interpret your benefits, but we can't be completely and utterly certain of our interpretation. Even if hypothetically we could be certain of our interpretation, insurance companies sometimes don't pay even when they should. Remember, we're patients too, so we feel your pain.
- You understand it's a crime to willfully misrepresent yourself when it comes to the serious business of insurance--especially insurance claims.
- We try to make claims filing as easy, fast, efficient, and transparent as possible. Unless we royally screw-up filing your claims for you, you can't sue us.
- It's an honor to work for you, and we aim to live up to that honor.
Headway Terms of Service
It is our sincere hope that you love using us. We mean it when we say that it's an honor to serve you and do the meaningful work that we do. This document contains important decision that you need to bear in mind before making any decisions.
By accessing the website at headway.co, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Headway's website (alternatively, THE WEBSITE) for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Headway's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Headway at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Our Content; Limitation of Liability
The materials on Headway's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Headway makes no warranties, express or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Any figures, numbers or other testimonies found in the site should not be construed as promises that you will obtain similar results. While we strive to match you with the right provider, each treatment relationship is different, and not every match is a perfect fit. We do not warrant any particular health outcomes. Further, while we strive to provide a realistic interpretation of your health benefits, estimates on our site ought not be construed as advice or certainty of facts, and we are in no way liable for any incorrect estimations or interpretations, including but not limited to in and/or out of network coverage (for any and all medical services), benefit amount, reimbursement percentage, likelihood of reimbursement.
IN NO EVENT OR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE BE HELD LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM USE OF OUR SERVICES OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES. IN ALL CASES, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE. IN ANY EVENT THE LIMIT OF OUR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, CLAIM, OR EXPENSE IS $100.
4. Data You Provide
You are solely accountable for their legitimacy and accuracy, and are solely responsible for legal and financial repercussions of submitting fraudulent, illegitimate, or inaccurate information that you provide. Insurance fraud is a Federal crime.
In using our site, including for purposes of filing reimbursement claims and looking up benefits, you indemnify us against financial loss real or unrealized, liabilities, claims, demands and expenses, including attorney’s fees that may result from your use of our site. The foregoing indemnification obligation does not apply to liabilities, claims and expenses arising as a result of our own intentional misconduct.
5. Third-Party Content
Our website includes content provided by third parties. All such statements and opinions expressed by those third parties are solely their opinions, and thus we are not responsible or liable for their accuracy.
Headway has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Headway of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Headway may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New York and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts New York, New York.
9. Geographic Limitations
Headway is owned and operated within the United States, and the company intends its Content to be used by persons within the United States. We do not promote the use of the website outside the United States. Headway's services are only for use in the state or states in which the providers listed on the site are licensed. If you see a provider through Headway, you represent that you are located in one of the states listed in the Provider's Headway profile as a state where the provider is licensed.