Great to meet you!
- I've been a counselor for 10+ years
- Most of my career has been spent working with the LGBTQ+ community of Florida
- I work with many transgender individuals and can help with transition, as well as exploring one's gender identity.
- I am trained in the Gottman Method, and do a lot of work with couples and relationships.
- I am sex-positive, body positive, polyamory allied, and BDSM/kink allied
A bit about my approach to therapy
Being a good therapist means being non-judgmental, open-minded, and having unconditional positive regard for my clients. I believe that in order to grow, we must be willing to be uncomfortable, which often means being vulnerable, talking about difficult things, or stepping outside of our comfort zone to see things in a different way. It is only in the uncomfortable places that we can recognize where change needs to occur.
What you can expect from our first session
I believe my first job as a counselor is to help instill hope in my clients: hope that things can and will get better and hope that they can come out on the other side of what they are going through with new coping skills. I also want my clients to feel confident that I will support them, never judge them, and will do my best to help them with what they need.