Great to meet you!
- 5 years Psychiatric Hospital
- 5 years Residential Children's Home
- 2 years Outpatient State Mental Health Center.
- Private Practice throughout career.
- 9 years as an Educator and Director of a Private High School.
- Experiential Therapy to include Ropes Course Facilitation and Equine Therapy.
- Undergraduate degree: Bachelor of Arts University of Georgia
- Graduate Degree: Masters In Social Work University of Georgia GPA 4.0
- Concentration: Children and Families
A bit about my approach to therapy
I am not a nod quietly and take notes kind of counselor. I understand that talking to a stranger about difficult things can be unnatural, so I do my best to put clients at ease and to make sure clients never feel judged. Current and previous clients describe me as own-to-earth and genuine.
I do not have one rigid way in which I work with my clients. I adjust based on the client's needs. I tend to lean towards client-focused, strength-based, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques.
What you can expect from our first session
I believe counselors should provide a safe, open, and non-judgmental atmosphere where clients can feel at ease. I believe trust and mutual respect are crucial. My goal is to help clients gain the coping skills to make the changes they want in their life.